Home > FOR PARENTS > SCHOOL RULES
Students of Lakeside Primary School are expected to exercise good self-discipline and maintain a positive school environment conducive and safe for learning and play.
- GENERAL CONDUCT
- 1.1 Lakeside Primary students live up to the School Values of
- Love : Care for one another;
- Perseverance : Persevere to achieve their goals;
- Responsibility : Be responsible for self, towards others and the environment;
- Integrity : Be honest and truthful at all times;
- Diligence : Work diligently and take pride in their work and accomplishments;
- rEspect : Understand and respect others.
- ASSEMBLY AND PLEDGE-TAKING
- 2.1 Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- 2.2 All students should stand at attention during the singing of the National Anthem and the taking of the Pledge.
- ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
- 3.1 Students are expected to be regular in their attendance. Students who are absent must produce a Medical Certificate or a letter of explanation from parents on the day they return to school.
- 3.2 On the day of a test or an examination, only Medical Certificates will be accepted to cover the student’s absence. Parents/Guardians are requested to reschedule their child’s/ward’s non-school-based assessments such as piano examinations should they clash with school assessments.
- 3.3 Absence from school without any valid reason is a major school offence. Reasons for absence that are not valid include oversleeping and wilful absence from school.
- 3.4 Parents/Guardians who wish to take their child/ward overseas for holidays and/or to attend to personal matters are to do so during the school vacations.
- 3.5 Parents/Guardians will be contacted by the school if their child is ill and has to be taken home or to the doctor. Parents/Guardians must be present to accompany and sign out their child in order for him/her to leave the school. Prior approval must be obtained at the General Office for leaving school before dismissal time.
- 3.6 For safety reasons, students are not allowed to leave the school during lunch time unless parents’ letters of request are given to the form teachers. Students are strongly encouraged to eat in the school canteen.
- SCHOOL UNIFORM AND GENERAL APPEARANCE
- 4.1 Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform. Any modification to the school uniform is not allowed.
- 4.2 Students are to observe closely the guidelines on school attire and personal appearance. Regular spot checks will be conducted to ensure compliance
- 4.3 School Attire
- Students are to wear clean attire, socks and shoes.
- Name tags must be affixed on the school uniform and PE t-shirt above the school crest.
- Students are to wear black socks and black shoes with no distinct logos, brand names and patterns. No accessories are to be used to fasten shoelaces.
- On days with PE lessons, CCA, PAL lessons and/or sports activities, students are to report in their school T-shirts and shorts.
- 4.4 Personal Appearance and Grooming
- Students must be neat in appearance.
- Where needed, glasses with prescribed lens should be worn. Glass frames should not be fanciful or outlandish.
- Students are to keep their nails short. Long or varnished nails are not allowed.
- For Boys
- Hair is combed neatly without the use of gel. Forehead is not covered by long fringes.
- Hair must not cover the ears at the side.
- Hair is sloped and does not touch the collar at the back.
- No fanciful hairstyles such as dyed/coloured/highlighted/spiky hair.
- Face is clean shaven with no facial hair
- For Girls
- Hair is kept neat and tidy, away from the face either by keeping it short or with the use of black or dark blue hair accessories.
- Hair that is of shoulder length or longer is tied up. Long fringe is pinned or tied up.
- Hair is of natural colour. Coloured, dyed or highlighted hair is not allowed.
- Use only one pair of small and plain dark blue or black ear studs.
- CLASSROOM AND HOMEWORK
- 5.1 Students are to wear the Out-of-Class Permission Pass when they are out of the classroom during lessons.
- 5.2 Students are to observe care and proper use of school property, which includes:
- keeping classrooms clean, tidy and litter-free.
- switching off classroom lights, fans, visualisers, projectors and/or air-conditioners when they are not in use.
- setting all air-conditioners at 25oC.
- 5.3 Students are to ensure that quality assignments are submitted on time.
- PROHIBITED ITEMS
- 6.1 Students are not to bring any recreational items like toys, cards and electronic devices to school. Selling of items to peers is also not allowed.
- 6.2 Students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring or to be found in possession of any dangerous or weapon-like items including penknives.
7.OFFENCE AND CONSEQUENCES
These lists are non-exhaustive.
1 Bullying involves hurting or intimidating others repeatedly to deliberately cause harm, distress or humiliation. It can be physical, verbal or relational/social in nature.
2 The conduct grade will affect the pupil’s eligibility for awards such as the Edusave Awards at the end of the year.